|Credentials||MD, Neonatology BC/BE|
|Organization||Geisinger - Janet Weis Children's Hospital|
Geisinger is seeking a Level III experienced BC/BE Neonatologist to join their current neonatologists, neonatal nurse practitioners and neonatal physician assistants based at the Janet Weis Children’s Hospital in Danville, PA.
About the NICU at GMC
• 41-bed, Level IV Regional NICU serving Central and Northeastern Pennsylvania
• Approximately 700 admissions and 250 neonatal transports annually via helicopter and ground transport service with unit-based transport team.
• High risk delivery service is located immediately adjacent to the NICU.
• Training site for pediatric and internal medicine-pediatric residents, physician assistant residency program in neonatology, medical students and neonatal nurse practitioner students from various universities.
• Recent experience with high-frequency ventilation, nitric oxide administration, hypothermia therapy, congenital heart disease and peri-operative management is required.
About the Department
• Neonatologists are supported by maternal fetal medicine specialists, as well as a complete array of pediatric medical and surgical specialists.
• Neonatologists provide continuous in-house NICU coverage together with the neonatal nurse practitioners, neonatal physician assistants and pediatric residents.
• Neonatology conducts frequent neonatal outreach education and simulation programs to referring hospitals throughout our area.
• Neonatology co-directs with maternal fetal medicine the Center for Prenatal Pediatrics, which coordinates multispecialty consultation to mothers and families expecting a fetus with congenital anomalies, serving over 400 families per year.
• The NICU is a member of the Vermont-Oxford Network VLBW database and all department members are expected to participate in performance improvement projects.
Geisinger serves more than 3 million people in central, south-central and northeast Pennsylvania and also in southern New Jersey with the addition of National Malcolm Baldridge Award recipient AtlantiCare, A member of Geisinger. In 2017, the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine became the newest member of the Geisinger Family. Geisinger is nationally recognized for innovative practices and quality care. A mature electronic health record connects a comprehensive network of 13 hospital campuses, two research centers and nearly 1,600 Geisinger primary and specialty care physicians.
Join the team that America is watching.
David T. Feinberg, MD, who began his tenure as president and chief executive officer of Geisinger Health System last year, said it best: “Practicing at Geisinger is a tremendous opportunity to further your career at an organization that is having an impact on healthcare throughout the United States. America definitely pays attention to what we are doing here, and we welcome the opportunity to set an example as we provide innovative and compassionate care and better serve our patients.” For more information, please visit geisinger.org/careers or contact: James A. Cook, MD, FAAP, Director of Newborn Services c/o Kathy Kardisco, Department of Talent Management, at 570-214-4460 or email@example.com.
We are an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.